Sunday, August 29, 2010

Home Ec

A couple of weeks ago I signed up for the online Home Ec class.  I was so excited to find it (I can't even remember how I heard of it; from someone's blog, I'm sure) and enrolled right away.  I loved the fact that it's designed to be completed at your own pace.  The private class blog and course material will be available to students for a whole year.  Which is great for me, since being home all day with my little K (almost 14 months old) makes it hard to get much accomplished on most days.  So far, I've only managed to get one project completed.  Here's my drawstring pouch:

Drawstring pouch

I'm pretty please with how it turned out.  The tutorial was clear and easy to understand.  I can't wait to get started on the other projects.  There are 27 total for us to work on (I probably won't do every single one though).  I'm so happy that I found the class and can work on my sewing skills while making some fun and cute things for myself, my house and even maybe to give away as gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment